Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reference Management Tools
With EndNote, you can: import references directly from literature databases; organise and manage references; and format bibliographies and manuscripts.
Retraction Watch database
Screening & Extraction Tools
- Subscription service (free to those conducting a Cochrane Review)
- You can register for a free trial that gives you a full-featured version for up to 500 records of your own data
- Can import citations, facilitate screening titles, abstracts and full-text, populate risk of bias tables, assist with data extraction, and export to common formats
- From Brown University, free, open-source software
- Semi-automated abstract screening for systematic reviews
- Upload your abstracts (from Endnote or other Reference Managers, invite reviewers and get screening
- Subscription service
- Ssoftware for all types of literature review, including systematic reviews, meta-analyses, 'narrative' reviews and meta-ethnographies
Extract data from charts
Web based tool to extract data from plots, images, and maps. For example, determine Standard Deviations from a graph that only shows the lines and not the numbers. Useful if authors have not responded to your requests for the underlying raw data.