Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reference Management Software
At Stirling we have the RefWorks software to help you manage your references. Other software is available and the different tabs in this guide cover some of the options. Note: these alternatives are NOT supported at Stirling.
Reference management software (or citation management software) can allow you to:
- - Collect references
- - Store references on your desktop and/or in a web account
- - Easily cite your references and create bibliographies
- - Organise references
- - Link to full-text documents and web pages
- - Add notes to your references
- - Additional features may be included: Sharing your references, Social networking, PDF highlighting