Currently WNC is incompatible with Word 2016 on most Macs. An alternative way to cite references in your Word document is to use One Line Cite. See instructions below.
Some glitches are caused by an occasional conflict between RefWorks and IE9. Problems include not being able to edit a reference or your bibliography won't update.
The RefWorks 'Direct Export' function is currently not working in Scopus.
You can still export your references to RefWorks as follows (click the pdf for screen images):
1. In Scopus click the drop down box to choose your export method.
2. Select RIS Format and click Export
3. Click Save As and select the folder where you want to save the references
4. Login to RefWorks, click the References menu and select Import
5. In the Import References Box change the settings as follows:
The stale request error appears if you try to enter a user name & password, or Login from my Institution. At Stirling, we use the Login Code as follows:
If the RefWorks tab does not appear in Word the most common fix is to download a more recent version of Java. Similarly you need to update Java on your Mac if the WNC toolbar is missing. See the Check Computer Updates document below.
On staff computers in the University Java is available from 'Run Advertised Programmes' and is called 'Sun Java'.
The following documents contain hints from the RefWorks Support Team that might help with any problems.