Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Altmetric Score and Donut
Altmetric donuts, give a quick visual indicator of the attention a publication has received on the Web.
- The number at the centre of the donut is the headline “score of attention”.
- The score is a weighted metric that is based on counts of mentions of the article in the sources monitored by Altmetric.
- The colours around the edge indicate the type of mentions and their weightings.
The score has an important limitation: if the article was published before July 2011, Altmetric will have missed any transient mentions of it, tweets in particular. As such, its score won’t be accurate, and will represent a lower bound of the attention received.
- Hover your mouse over the donut and you’ll see the types of mentions the article has had.
- Click on the donut to see even more details via the Altmetric website - you can view the individual mentions by type, for example, a list of all the mentions in News.
- Click on the headline of any mention listed to see the original context.