Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Help with RefWorks
Ask a Librarian
Use the Ask a Librarian form, email us with your enquiry or ask for an appointment.
RefShare for Sharing RefWorks Folders or Databases
RefShare is a RefWorks facility for you to share all of your references or individual folders with others. It is fairly flexible and gives the following options:
- Place your folder in a shared area for others to view and download
- Email a Web link to selected individuals so that only they may view your references
- Allows guests as well as other members of the University to view your references
Sharing a RefWorks Folder: the Basics
- Select the Organize & Share Folders tab
- Click the Share icon. Notice that once you set up your shared folder you can go back at any time to make changes, remove the share or email the link to colleagues you wish to share it with.
- In the Shared Folder Options give your shared folder a title and decide whether you wish to share it in the University of Stirling's shared area or whether you will email the URL to specific colleagues. Change any other options before saving and set any limitations e.g. whether others may see attachments or add comments.